Further increase the comfort of your vehicle with sound and thermal insulation. Second Skin Heat Wave Pro is a high r-value, lightweight sound absorber and decoupler. This thermal acoustic barrier contains a treated jute material surrounded by two layers of reinforced foil fabric. It’s durable; it reflects radiant heat; and it insulates against both heat and noise transfer. Heat Wave Pro is the versatile utility player in your vehicle soundproofing project.
- Thermal acoustic jute sandwiched between two sheets of reinforced foil
- R-Value per inch roughly 50% better than your average home insulation
- Eco-friendly jute material is treated for fire, mold, and mildew resistance
- Each sheet is 3/8” thick and 6’ by 4’ (24 Sq Ft)
- Weight: 0.188 pounds per square foot
- Temperature rated up to 250 F
- Made in the USA
- Cuts with scissors
- Apply using our Contact Spray Adhesive (1 can per sheet) or Super Strong Double Sided Tape
- We recommend applying on top of your sound deadener and below your noise barrier. It also is an excellent thermal insulator to use above your roof’s headliner or under the hood.
- Keep at least 2″ of clearance from the heat source. We recommend taping up edges with Foil insulation Tape
Recommended Install Locations
- Doors – outer and inner door skin
- Floor – front firewall all the way back to the rear deck seat wall
- Firewall – cabin or engine side
- Trunk – floor, walls, lid, and spare tire area
- Roof – cover the entire area above the headliner
- Hood – entire lid
Heat Wave Pro is a flexible thermal insulator and heat reflector that can be used for everything from a semi truck’s walls to HVAC ductwork to insulating the inside of an RV/motorhome. Call us if you have questions about a potential use case.
Xplicit Audio is proud to be an Authorized Second Skin Audio Dealer!